It’s December! My favorite month of the whole year! I was thinking about it last week and realized this is my first Christmas season as an adult without any serious stress preventing me from fully reveling in the the holiday spirit, and boy am I LOVING IT. I drove around last Friday on various errands with 97.1 on full blast (the playing non-stop Christmas music from Black Friday to Christmas Day). No doubt that I looked like an absolute fool with a goony grin on my face, bouncing up and down to “Sleighride” as I drove through Reston, but I don’t care. December is the best!! I don’t know about where y’all are from, but here in northern Virginia, people are pretty grumpy and inconsiderate of others all year round. But then the holidays arrive and people soften up a bit, and it restores my faith in the human race a bit. The drivers are as bad as always, but you’re much more likely to see a passing smile in Reston Town Center in December than you are any other time of year. It just makes me happy.
As always, lessons learned/things that happened over the past week:
- We’re moving again! It feels like we just got settled in here in Ashburn, and yet our lease is up in January and we’re really looking forward to moving into Reston. We’d been praying for a town house but knew it was probably out of our budget, but then God provided us with the perfect realtor and we found the perfect town home! So so excited! I’ve already started packing.
- We got our Christmas tree on Saturday! I know I say it every year, but this one is definitely the best. And as this is our second Christmas having a tree of our own, we finally have enough ornaments to stop using the bulk packs of generic red and green ball ornaments. Win!
- I had the world’s shortest fever yesterday- I started feeling woosy and weird whilst shopping at Marshall’s yesterday afternoon around 3:30, then my temperature was up to 100 by 8 pm, and by the time we got into bed at 10, it was back down to normal. So weird. And no, I’m NOT pregnant.
- Lily’s birthday was on Friday so for dinner, we all had steak! I’ve never seen her eat that fast in my life.
- I got to play around with a bit of after-dark shooting on Saturday- it was so cool to push my comfort zone boundaries like that! Although next time, I’ll be sure to bring gloves and a hot thermos when I’m due to be outside for two hours on a sub-40 degree night.
- Photogs: do you guys ever do an initial edit through a session and then go back thenext day and wonder what the heck you were on to have edited your images like THAT? Thank goodness for Lightroom where I can edit and re-edit as many times as I want without damaging the files.
And here’s another preview of Brent & Lena’s e-session- I’m just waiting on their film scans to share the entire shoot! Trust that I’ve been stalking my inbox for an email from RPL.