I think it’s about time for someone to make a song about how awesome Monday is! We have the “Monday, Monday” song by The Mamas And The Papas, but it’s not exactly a great source of encouragement when you’re staring down the face of a new work week- “But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin’ all of the time.” See? Not sunshine and daisies, and I think Monday deserves a bit of glory! So Nashville/Hollywood? Please get someone on this, ASAP. And do make sure it’s NOT Rebecca Black.
You guys already know how much I love Mondays, but am I alone? Is there anyone else out there who’s a Monday fan? It’s a clean slate! No matter how bad the last week was, Monday is a chance to start fresh. I sometimes get into the groove of thinking “work work work Monday- Friday, then I can LIVE on the weekends.” That’s no way to be thinking! If that mantra governed my life, I’d only be LIVING 104 days out of the year, two days of every week. Just because we work during the day Monday-Friday doesn’t mean you can’t still thrive! And that’s my pep talk for the day. Make sure you do something that allows you to LIVE today!
As always, things that transpired/lessons learned over the past week:
- There is something seriously wrong with our education system that we’re not required to take some sort of cooking/survival class. I was trying to make beef stroganoff on Saturday and decided, in all my culinary wisdom, that skipping step one of browning the beef tenderloin was a good idea (it always overcooks!), so I proceeded directly to step two: “add one cup of water + seasoning packet.” Friends, HOW was I supposed to know that hot oil in the pan + cold water = fountain of spitting, boiling oil/water?
- Also in regards to my culinary prowess, I’ve learned to seamlessly crack an egg with one hand without leaving egg shell shrapnel in the mix. I expect Wolfgang Puck will be calling soon.
- Things I do not recommend doing: watching mystery thrillers (Sherlock) before bed. Two nights in a row. Cue: trippy dreams full of firearms and British accents.
- Also not recommended, letting your dad commandeer the decorating icing for someone’s birthday cake. It results in THIS sort of situation.
- Yesterday’s post-church lunch took us to Big Bowl and I was in HEAVEN! If you’re anywhere near Reston Town Center and need a restaurant for date night, go to Big Bowl. And make sure to order some vegetable dumplings- trust me! SO DELICIOUS.
And just in case you all haven’t had enough of David & Heather, here’s one of my favorite bridal portraits. Ever.