This is a bit of a crazy week for us, you guys. I’ll admit- I’m a little intimidated going into it! First up: a full day of filming tomorrow with Handspun Cinema for a SUPER fun project we’ll be bringing you in just over a month!
And then early Thursday morning, I’m flying down to West Palm Beach because THESE TWO are tying the knot! And it’s going to be like an #abbygracebride reunion- FOUR of my brides will be at TJ & Lexi’s wedding, and each couple is one of my all-time favorites!
So, it’s the best sort of a crazy week- all good things! But I think I’ll start with the Emergen-Cs NOW just to make sure I can go strong through it all. Well, Emergen-C and lots of sour candy.
Also, apparently Friday was #nationaldogday, so here’s a photo of Lily & Sirius because #thoseearsthough
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week!
- Tourists are weird. I can say that because I’m a DC wedding photographer. I just plain do NOT understand why, when you bring a bride & groom to the Lincoln Memorial, people stop and take photos. This is a legitimate question: what on earth are you going to do with those pictures if you don’t know the couple? I don’t get it!
- Netflix is the bane of my existence. I think I’m actually addicted to it. Every time we finish a new show, I tell myself “haHA! Now I conquer thee, Netflix! I finished a show and I’m NOT getting into another one.” And then I get into another one. I need therapy, man.
- On Friday, I drove up to Annapolis to surprise Natalie, alongside a few friends, for her birthday! And it took THREE HOURS for what should have been a 75-minute drive, despite me leaving mid-afternoon to avoid rush hour traffic. I am very, very grateful that my Granny isn’t in the car with me during times like that, because I uttered words I would NEVER say in front of her. At a louder-than-necessary volume.
- However, I feel that cursing inside your car is a better alternative than road rage. And I was wearing red lipstick while doing so, so at least I was keeping it 50% classy.
- I’m in love with Instagram Stories! I know it’s a blatant ripoff of Snapchat, but I got past that particular hurdle and now I can’t get enough. It’s so EASY! The only thing I miss are the face filters!
- Fact: Muscle Milk is GROSS. We needed a new tub of protein powder cuz I’m getting super swol after the last month of regular gym trips, and apparently I made the wrong choice. The taste IS improved, however, with the addition of a banana and milk (instead of water). Next experiment: try subbing in almond milk.
A sweet little look in yesterday’s wedding at the Hay-Adams! N’s layered tulle gown was absolutely to die for!