Good MORNING from sunny Orlando! I’m sort of sad we missed the 8-12 inches of snow that fell last week, just because of how pretty I’m sure it was, but I’ve been sporting sundresses and short-sleeved tops these past few days, so I’m not all that sorry. It’s been so wonderful to get away for a little bit to simply enjoy being alive with Matt!
The main purpose of the vacation was to come down to see our Washington Nationals play in spring training, but while we’re here, we’re also taking advantage of the other fun stuff Orlando has to offer. Like HARRY POTTER WORLD! We went yesterday with my best friend in the world and it was a.maz.ing. Sarah’s a closet HP fan, so we had so much fun geeking out over all the little details in Diagon Alley & Hogsmeade! And tomorrow, we’re going to Disney!!
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week:
- If you ever buy a chocolate frog, the folks at Honeydukes will advise you to eat the back legs first so it can’t hop away. The more you know!
- Watching Nats games from as close as our seats have been at spring training has totally spoiled me for regular season. Thank goodness for StubHub, because I’ll never be satisfied with nosebleed seats again!
- Guys, the new part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is even BETTER than the first one! I didn’t think it was possible, but they’ve outdone themselves.
- Vacation: where the calories are made up and the carbs don’t matter.
- No but seriously. The calories don’t count, right?
- Because I’m going to have another butterbeer today.
I can’t wait to share all my photos from Universal, but for now, here’s our group as Sarah & I geek out over being at Hogwarts!
Happy, happy Monday! We’re off to explore!