Gooooood Monday morning! The fact that it’s 38 degrees outside has me seriously pumped. It was 12 on Friday, and since I walk the dogs separately each morning, my fingers were painfully numb. Bring on the warmer weather! I’m never one to wish away entire seasons at a time, and I actually do love the winter! It’s just the addition of a new pup has made morning walks mean quite a bit more time outside than previous :).
You know how you know you’re officially out of your college years? When you start bragging about how much sleep you got. Guys, I slept for 14 HOURS on Saturday night, and it was absolutely glorious. I’d only slept for three hours the previous night, due to an anniversary session in Williamsburg that means a 3am wake-up, so when I got back home, I crashed at 5pm and didn’t wake up until the next day. Our TempurPedic bed is probably my favorite place in the house.
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week:
- We’re working with a one-on-one trainer for Sirius (check out Dari, she’s awesome!), and she informed us that he’s probably more like 18-20 months, instead of the 2.5 years we’d originally thought. Ooooh, so THAT explains all the roughhousing, crazy amounts of energy, and playfulness! He’s still a puppy!
- Working from home means you sometimes eat weird meals. Scratch that, it means you OFTEN eat weird meals. Case in point: last week, I had straight avocado for breakfast AND lunch…two days in a row.
- And I don’t regret it at all, because avocado straight from the shell is delicious. Sprinkle some sea salt on it? NOM.
- Why did I just say “nom?” I never say that. That’s a term reserved for people who use the hashtag “#foodporn” on Instagram.
- Do you like Taylor Swift? Are you passably familiar with the House of Tudors from British history? If you answered “Yes” to either or both of those questions, please go read THIS Buzzfeed article. You’re welcome.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for an airtight, lawyer-drafted wedding contract from the Lawtog’s Contract Shop! See that blog post HERE!
Here are a couple of previews from my weekend. First, an Anniversary Experience session with one of my sweet, sweet 2013 couples! Remember these two and their Naval Academy wedding?
And then, just a few hours later, a session with my darling friend Caitlin, her husband Jay, and their precious new daughter. I don’t normally do these kinds of sessions, but whenever I do it’s always such a joy! (PS- you’ve seen Caitlin before! Remember?)
Happy Monday, friends!