And we’re back! That break was exACTLY what I needed. I love my blog, and I LOVE writing! But sometimes it’s nice to take a step away and just BE. Having the chance to spend the holidays with my family, without the worry of needing to publish posts, edit images for the blog, etc.
My “shooting season” is officially over! I went straight through December, shooting all the way up until New Year’s Eve. It was AWESOME! I had the opportunity to photograph the most amazing couples and I’m SO excited to share these weddings and sessions with you. The off-season, though, is what helps me continue to be in love with what I do and why I do it- those couple of months away from shooting are a chance to rest, recharge my batteries, and figure out what needs to change for the following season. Also, it’s a chance to travel and shoot a TON of personal work :).
I’m at Creative At Heart right now and it’s ROCKING my world! You guys, if you’re a creative small business owner, this conference is for you. As I’m typing this, I’m listening to Rachel Brenke (the Lawtographer) speak to a group of 75 people about the top five mistakes small business owners make. And yesterday, we heard from Katelyn, Natalie, Krista and Lauren. The conversations, the heart-to-heart late night chats, it’s exactly what I needed.
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week:
- Sirius (our new pup!) is a total klutz, and it is hilarious to watch. He has absolutely no spacial awareness, which results in a lot of the following: falling off the bed, falling off the couch, running into people/things, sliding across the hardwood floors. And for some reason, his paws don’t seem to find purchase on the floor at PetsSmart, so watching Sirius walk through the store was like watching a dog slide around on a patch of ice. IT WAS AWESOME.
- …and people watching probably think I’m a terrible dog owner, because rather than being sympathetic about my dog’s inability to walk across a normal floor, I was doubled over laughing.
- Knowing what’s always awkward? Meeting someone in person who you also follow on Instagram/social media in general. They’re like “Hi! I’m Jess!” and I’m like “Yeah, I know. Your wedding at Pippin Hill was so beautiful! I loved the florals.” ….creeper.
- Ted’s Bulletin, I have such a crush on you. They have a “cinnamon roll as big as ya head” listed on their menu but it’s only available on weekend mornings, and we’ve never made it in time to try one. UNTIL THIS PAST SATURDAY. It literally came with a gravy boat of frosting to pour on top. And it truly was as big as my head.
- I’m pretty sure I acquired a cavity and diabetes after said cinnamon roll, but it was worth it.
Ok! Lots of great stuff coming to the blog this week and next, so absolutely stay tuned :). Happy Monday, friends!