The theme for this week’s MMU is “running + Paleo fails.” I never want to be *that* person who constantly talks about diet and exercise, but I feel like this week calls for a bit of self-indulgence. Read on and you’ll most likely agree.
Lessons learned/things that transpired over the past week:
- I’ve lost track of how many pairs of running shorts I’ve bought in my lifetime, making it incredibly frustrating when I can only find TWO PAIRS. Seriously- how does that happen?? Where on earth do they go?
- Going from 0 miles to almost 30 miles a week is a surefire way to make you feel really, really out of shape. My dad nicknamed me “Suckwind” in middle school, and I think I’ve re-earned that title again.
- We’ve been doing Paleo for about a month now, and I feel great! But eating Paleo makes everything a lot more complicated. For example: Matt made pulled pork yesterday in the crockpot (YUM!) so it was my job to find a suitable side dish. I came up with the idea of making Paleo-modified coleslaw, which ended up being delicious! But coleslaw requires mayo, which isn’t Paleo, so I had to make that before I could even begin the coleslaw itself. This is pretty much how every meal works out for us: “I have a great idea for a delicious dinner! But first, let me re-make all of the ingredients so that it’s Paleo-acceptable.”
- Also, it’s important to read recipes all the way through. If a recipe calls for egg YOLKS and you mistakenly use the egg WHITES, don’t be surprised when it doesn’t look the way it’s supposed to. Or taste the way it’s supposed to. Oops!
- On the other hand, Paleo mayo is delicious! And the blog paleomg.com is such a good resource for yummy recipes. We found one for double chocolate chip cookies that are even better than flour-based ones I’ve had in the past!
There are a couple of sweet engagement sessions coming your way this week on the blog, definitely stay tuned!