Can we all go ahead and agree that last night’s Super Bowl may have been one of the least interesting games to date? I didn’t have a real vested interest in either team; I was sort of pulling for the Broncos because I really like Peyton Manning, but the Seahawks had never won a Super Bowl and I would have been happy to see that too. But come on, guys- at least make it a good game! That match such a blowout that we stopped watching after the third quarter and made our way home to watch the newest Sherlock episode. If you aren’t already hooked on Benedict Cumberbatch’s version of the infamous sleuth, you’re missing out.
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week:
- I have a deep-rooted mistrust of hair dressers and this past week’s appointment to get my hair cut is a perfect example of why. They all (and I mean ALL) chops off way more than I’ve asked for, and I’m left pretending to be happy with it for as long as it takes to get out to my car where I then stare morosely at my locks and mourn the loss of several inches of hair. So, that being said, anyone have a trusted person in northern Virginia they recommend who won’t take un-asked for liberties with your locks?
- Also, I’m 100% aware that ^this^ is a first-world problem.
- Thanks to our friends Terry & Flo, I discovered the GREEN Tabasco sauce a couple weeks ago, and now I put that stuff on everything. Soup, tacos, even a plain flour tortilla. So good.
- I received a gorgeous blush tulle skirt for Christmas and now I’ve got the urge to try and make one myself! I picked up the tulle + lining fabric and we’re heading to my Granny’s house this weekend, so I’ll keep you guys posted on how it turns out.
- You know those ridiculous late-night conversations that you have with best friends and/or your spouse that make you laugh one of those good, hearty belly laughs? Matt & I had one of those last night, the subject being “names for boys” if we were ever to have one. After a discussion revolving around how April, May and June got to be the only months that are also acceptable names for people, Matt suggested “how about October September Springmann, and we’ll call him ‘Toby?’” WHAT? In the past, Matt’s also suggested “George” and “Mason,” if we ever have twins. I countered that with “George” and “Fred,” but he wasn’t going for it.
- **And no, we’re not having children anytime soon.
Last week I had the opportunity to shoot in a studio for the first time- that was definitely an experience! I won’t be sharing the images on my blog, but I’m hoping it’s something I’ll have a chance to do again soon! Perhaps with my next ballerina session?
Also! The deadline for sending in an application to be a shooting intern is TODAY at 5 pm. I’ve received way more interest than I anticipated (thank you to everyone who’s applied!) so I’ve implemented a cutoff to allow me time to make a decision. If you were thinking of sending in an application, make sure it’s in my inbox by 4:59 this evening in order to be considered :).