Helloooooo! Good morning, bloggettes, and happy happy Monday! I’ll be honest, I woke up in a total funk today. Perhaps it was the strange dreams I was having about being forced to play in an orchestra without any sheet music, or the weird one I had about a rose-picking relay race, but that saying about waking up on the wrong side of the bed? I WAY embraced that. It’s amazing what a cup of tea, a scroll through your favorite Instagrammers recent photos, and changing into your favorite summertime dress can do for a case of the Mondays though, right? Right!
Mondays should be for encouraging- it’s a new beginning to a new week and everything I failed to accomplish last week? I have another five days to try again! Mondays are a source of redemption for me. Hence why my Monday Mash-Ups typically begin with exclamation points :).
As always, lessons learned/things that transpired over the last week:
- Let’s discuss the fact that “fruit on the bottom” yogurt is just code for “the yogurt factory was too lazy to stir your dairy product.” Also in need of discussion- that “fruit” on the bottom?” It’s just strawberry jelly.
- Perks of your dad being a higher-up with the police department: when there’s a shortage of squad cars, he’s assigned a repo’d Nissan Z as his official police vehicle.
- We saw the new Percy Jackson movie this weekend! While it wasn’t very true to the book, it was definitely better than the first movie.
- It’s a fact: coffee is better when you grind it yourself. I mean, I’m not sure about the actual TASTE, because I don’t really care for the gustatory part of a cup of joe, but grinding beans makes me feel like an adult. Like a cooler adult with better taste in underground indie music, who also probably shops exclusively at organic farmers market for groceries. Or something.
- Also a fact: I am SO EXCITED for fall! Brent & Lena’s wedding reception this past weekend took place at a corn maze and it got me totally jazzed for late September and October! Now that I’m a grown-up and going back to school is no longer associated with fall, I’m free to enjoy the season for all of its awesomeness.
Corn fields make everything better.
There are still a few seats left for next week’s Date with Abby Grace photography workshop! You can snag your seat HERE, and using the code SUNRISE50 will take $50 off your seat! Happy Monday!