Well hello, there, Monday! You are a welcome, welcome sight after such a busy weekend. Sometimes Mondays are actually a sigh of relief- sort of like a “phew! I can finally dig into those wedding photos from Saturday!” I won’t lie though- there are other times when Mondays are the last thing I want to wake up and see. Fortunately, today is NOT one of those kinds of days!
As always, things I learned/events that took place/reasons for you to laugh from the past week:
- I bought new running shoes! This, in and of itself, isn’t all that exciting. However, imagine my delight when the guy at Footsteps running store pulls out a pair of Asics with the model name of “Nimbus.” Yes, folks, I’m wearing Quidditch racing broom running shoes. And I’m strongly considering lettering in “2000″ at the heel.
- Whilst on my long runs, I often wish I’m wearing a t-shirt that says “Yeah I’d be running that fast if I were only going two miles, too” for those humiliating times when I get passed by a sprinting Victoria’s Secret model.
- Occasionally I’ll find myself clicking my car remote at our front door, wondering why it won’t unlock. This happens most frequently when I’m tired.
- I’m ridiculously scatter-brained sometimes- Matt came home on Friday to find the cereal in the refrigerator, and this was only after I’d already retrieved the milk from the pantry. I’ll find things in odd places all over the house- “honey, why is your iphone on the shelf with the dishes?” I image this will only get worse with age.
- Growing up, my dad was the villain of the laundry room. He shrank some of my favorite articles of clothing, so at age 12 I began doing my own laundry. Well, the tables have turn: I was in a hurry last Wednesday so I stuck my favorite dress in the dryer. My thinking was that cotton was the only material that shrinks and since this dress was rayon, I was ok! NOT. I pull it out of the dryer and it was now indecently short.
Look! A preview from Molly & Craig’s wedding! So excited to share more of these this Thursday!
Mmm. Kate Spade shoes and an exquisite couple? Yes please!