Monday. We meet again.
Normally, I LOVE Mondays. But I’m still currently trying to recover from this past weekend’s wedding hangover, and all I really want to do is watch Harry Potter movies and nurse a cup of English Breakfast. But this week is a doozy, so it’s back to work I go!
This past weekend’s wedding brought me to New Haven, CT for Dan & Liz’s gorgeous Yale affair. It was absolutely STUNNING, I can’t wait to share it with y’all! Coral charm peonies, Vera Wang, Yale’s castle-like campus, it was beautiful from start to finish. Totally worth the 15+ hours I ended up in my car in transit to and from.
As always, lessons learned/things that transpired over the past week:
- Matt asked if he could practice driving my car last week in a Reston Town Center parking garage (it’s stick shift, and his is an automatic). Good idea in theory, but then we ended up stalling out three times in front of a group of teenagers, who then proceeded to ask if we needed help. We laughed and explained the situation, and as we were leaving, one of the kids gave us some sage advice: “Stay pure!”
- There’s nothing more freeing than driving on the highway with the windows down and sunroof open, admiring the gorgeous blue skies and warm sun on your skin. Each different season has its own merit, and to me? This is what makes summer special.
- I started eating Paleo about a week and a half ago, and so far, so good! I don’t typically weigh myself so I have no idea if I’ve actually shed any pounds, but I FEEL good and my clothes definitely fit better! And now I’ve got Matt hooked, too :). We’ll keep you posted!
- I’ve recently become hooked on watching videos of baby goats. And I don’t know why.
- Also recently: I kind of want to move out to the country and buy a farm. But I have a feeling that’s a result of visiting Big Spring Farm last week. I dare you to see Buddy & Jill’s home and not want the same thing!
- I’m so fancy. < That song’s been stuck in my head for days! And I don’t hate it.
So, I don’t usually pull out the 24mm for anything other than dancing shots, but Yale’s campus demands anything but the ordinary. So beautiful!