I think Photog Friday might be my favorite series these days! It’s funny, I have all these little systems and methods for how I run my business, and many of them are so normal to me that I just figure everyone else already does what I’m doing. But every so often I’ll share one little thing I do differently, and it totally rocks someone’s world- we have those moments over and over at workshops and I LOVE IT! I love finding little ways to help simplify other people’s workflows and systems to help create more time for CREATING!
One area a lot of new photographers lose time stressing over is finding vendors. Who should you use for albums? What about print fulfillment? And should you send thumb drives? If so, who to order them from? All of those questions can cause serious angst when there are SO many vendors to choose from, so I thought today I’d share my favorite product resources! Here we go:
1) Leather Craftsmen (photo albums). I’ve been ordering from them since day 1, and I love the consistency they offer! LC’s books are beautiful, and I know I can trust the quality of their albums to last for years and years. These books are the sort of thin your children’s children will still be able to look through, and I love thinking about the fact that my couples will have their albums sitting on coffee tables or bookshelves for decades to come! The customer service department is GREAT, and if you ever have questions, all you have to do is call. They’re super helpful! (see more of my LC albums here, here, and in this video here!)
2) White House Custom Colour (5″x 7″ prints). I started including a full set of prints with each Anniversary Experience session, and WHCC is where I get those- their ROES online ordering makes it SUPER easy to order in batches! Plus, they include a Tootsie Roll pop with every order. And that’s just plain awesome. (WHCC, if you’re reading this, the Pomegranate ones are my FAV)
3) Michael Chinn (proof boxes). This guy is amazing!! After researching the various options for print boxes, I was really struggling with how long it was estimated to take for delivery (6-8 weeks). Michael delivers within two, and the quality can’t be beat. He’s super responsive to emails and I’ve loved working with him! (see my proof boxes here!)
4) Paper Source (envelopes and misc. stationery). I spend waaaay too much money at Paper Source, but it’s been that way from the beginning. I love their luxe blush envelopes, and their wall of color-coded thank you notes could keep me occupied for a LONG time. Also, the fact that they carry Kate Spade office supplies? Yeah, I have to exercise a LOT of self-control in that store.
5) FrouFrou Chic (ribbon). They are, hands-down, the best hand-dyed silk ribbon vendor out there. The price is reflective of that, but it’s just so pretty! I use this ribbon for when I’m sending out prints to my Anniversary Experience couples, and it’s the loveliest way to tie things together!