Oh hey there, December- it’s nice to see you again! December is my FAVORITE month of the year. Sure, part of it is because it’s my birth month, and then there’s Christmas (best holiday ever!), but it’s also the fact that Christmas cheer is everywhere to found throughout the month! I’m one of those people who was raised to believe that Christmas music before Thanksgiving is sin in its most basic form, so I play as much of my Christmas Pandora station as possible during the last month of the year. This is the first year we’ve been able to put up Christmas light on our home, and you better believe those babies were up and shining bright on Friday. I’ve already busted the first strand of lights, though- turns out our glass door JUST clips the lights as you open it, and I managed to burst a bulb (and thus short out the entire strand) within the first 48 hours of the lights being up. Oops.
This past week has been full on Monday Mash-Up-worthy moments, so without further ado, lessons learned/events that transpired over the last week:
- Matt & I babysat our pastor & his wife’s kids last week- always a recipe for hilarity. I was reading to their four-year-old daughter before bed and she informed me she’d outgrown her latest pair of rain boots. I expressed my disappointment on her behalf, and she proceeded to tell me “I gotta get new ones or I’m gonna get killed. Killed to death.” I miss being four.
- HELLO. Gravy with vermouth is the BEST I’ve ever had it! If you don’t have the America’s Test Kitchen cook book, you need to get it. We used it for our entire Thanksgiving meal and everything turned out flawlessly (juiciest turkey I’ve ever experienced), but the gravy was especially noteworthy.
- Matt & I went shopping on Black Friday- guess what we bought? A new coat (I was in need) and dish washer detergent. Lamest Black Friday shoppers in America.
- But I made up for it! Apple had their first Black Friday special in history, so I braved the crowds at Reston Town Center and purchased the new MacBook Pro I’ve been needing, and I got a $150 gift card to boot. Wooo! This new retina display is rocking my world, and I cannot WAIT to edit on it! In the past, I’ve only used the laptop for light stuff, like culling, and editing a sneak peek here and there- laptops are notoriously unreliable with color calibration, but the new MacBook Pro is supposed to be much more dependable! This is going to make working on-the-go so much easier, so a four-hour train ride or a six-hour flight is no longer time wasted. #thankful
And in the spirit of it being Cyber Monday, I’m opening up seats for the next Date With Abby Grace Workshop with $100 off today only! This next iteration of the Workshop is going to look a little different- along with an earlier start time, it’ll be a little longer to include time for a bit of shooting. I’ve realized just how much I needed help with posing and directing clients during my first couple of years, so at this next workshop we’ll have a couple of models so I can work with attendees on direction, posing, etc. I’m really excited about it! Here’s a bit more info:
- Date: January 13 (MLK day)
- Time: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm- six-ish hours of instruction with time set aside for shooting, and two hours for Q&A. And champagne. There’s always time for a glass of bubbly.
- Investment: $500
- Location: my home in Reston, Virginia
If you’re interested in reading a little more about the workshop, check out this post. If you’re ready and raring to register, head on over HERE and snag your seat! Today only, there’s a $100 discount if you use the code CYBERMON. We had some awesome sponsors for the last workshop and it’s been such a joy to watch my attendees grow over the last few months, so I can’t wait to get to know an entirely new group of photographers! Get to skipping!
Here’s a little preview of something wonderful that happened this weekend.
Happy Cyber Monday!