Since leaving my full-time corporate job, I’ve never had such a rough time returning to a Monday as I did today. This weekend was AMAZING!!! Matt and I went up to New York City for our anniversary shoot with Justin & Mary (AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!) and used Saturday to tool around Times Square while we were waiting to go see Harry Potter, The Exhibition! My heart is so incredibly full from such an impossibly wonderful weekend, and I’m humbled yet again by what a precious gift my husband is. He’s an introvert, not a fan of crowded cities, and not comfortable in front of the camera, and yet he braved all three challenges for me this weekend. Just as I knew they would, J&M brought Matt out of his shell, and he surprised me with how relaxed he became. It was such a blessing!! But more on our experience with Justin & Mary later :).
As always, lessons learned/things that happened over the weekend:
- I learned that, under no circumstance, should I ever ask Matt to drive in New York City ever again. Especially not in Times Square. I thought northern Virginia drivers were bad…
- If you’re going to take photos of street performers, either a) have a few dollars with you, or 2) shoot fast then run away. That’s what I did.
- Being an extrovert and extremely outgoing person, I always assumed I’d fit in well in the city. Oh my gosh, y’all, I’ve never been so intimidated in my life being in Times Square. There were thousands upon thousands of people, I was constantly on the watch for someone to mug me, and I really had no idea where we were. I suppose if we’d spent more time there I’d have relaxed, but holy cow. Talk about stressful!
- Harry Potter, The Exhibition = awesome. If you’re going to be in New York City between now and April, I definitely recommend going!
- I don’t recommend NYC taxis if you’re prone to motion sickness or a general fear of dying in a high-speed journey through the city.
And because I’m about to jet off to an engagement session, I’ll leave you with one image from our weekend, taken at the Disney Store in Times Square: