Well helloooo there, Monday! It’s mighty fine to see you again after such a spectacular weekend! Why was it so spectacular? I give you Exhibit A below. You guys went Pin crazy after Ryan & Claire’s engagement session? Well, prepare for Round 2, because their wedding day was absolute perfection!
As you may have noticed when you clicked on today’s blog post, we have a NEWSLETTER in the works! I’m so excited to get this started, it’s been on my to-do list for a LONG time now, and with the help of my awesome designer Jeff, it’s finally happening!
So what’s the purpose of the newsletter? Well, it’s where we’ll FIRST announce both of the exciting projects we’re working on this summer, where you’ll get first dibs on workshop seats and early bird rates, and where we’ll be sharing educational tips and tricks for photographers and small business owners that you won’t find on the blog. I promise NOT to spam you- my hope for the newsletter is that it’ll going out once a month, with an additional one to two emails whenever we have something new or exciting going on!
I would LOVE to have you join the newsletter community! If you’ve already X-ed out of the pop-up window, never fear- check out the entry form on the lefthand side of the page! Or just refresh the page. Either works! And just to get the ball rolling, I’ll be giving away a one-hour Skype mentoring session to one of the first 100 sign-ups! Sooo do it to it, friends!
Back to Monday Mash-Up: it’s time for our weekly lessons learned/events that transpired!
- If you’re not already following Sarah Bradshaw & Natalie Franke, you should absolutely do so! Ryan & Claire’s wedding this weekend was a STUNNER, but the forecast was calling for rain all. day. long. Natalie’s post a few weeks ago about her rainy day kit saved me- I made a last-minute Amazon purchase of 10 clear dome umbrellas, and they were exactly what we needed! Then I called Sarah in panic about portrait locations in case it was deluging (which it was, at points), and her advice was my saving grace; I can’t WAIT for y’all to see the blog post on Thursday!
- Last week at church I met a new friend, Olga, who had this awesome Frozen-esque, inside-out, French-braided hairdo going on. And I loved it so much, I did my hair the same way pretty much every day last week. I love braids.
- Fact: I feel approximately 4,000X cooler when I’m sipping a cocktail in a secret DC speakeasy than when I’m sipping one at home. Hot dang, I love northwest DC!
- This is one of those weeks where I have to look back through my camera roll to remember what happened- if we’re going based on my iPhone’s camera roll, this is what my week looked like: puppies, crazy sky after a storm in DC, more puppies, braided hair, a cup of coffee, Kate Spade, and Georgetown at sunset. Oh, and one more photo of our puppies.
- On a related note, I take too many iPhone photos of our dogs. Lord help us if/when we have kids, I hope I’ll love them as much as I love Lily & Sirius.
And one more preview from Saturday! Because it was too beautiful of a day not to share!
Happy Monday, lovelies!