Well hellO again, Monday! We meet again. And dang, it’s good to see you. Why? Because this week is going to be AWESOME! I’m heading out on Wednesday for the Three Nails workshop with Hunter Leone in Shreveport, LA. I can’t wait to be inspired by this guy- his work is crazy awesome. Totally different than my style, but that’s why I’m looking forward to spending two days learning from him!
We had an amazing weekend- Friday night was spent on a secret mission that you guys will find out about on the next Monday Mash-Up, Saturday was spent photographing one of my best friends from high school as he married his sweetheart, and yesterday we has our church leaders’ Christmas party! So much fun to go around. Matt & I checked the local Goodwill for tacky Christmas sweaters but couldn’t find any, and as soon as we walked into our pastor’s house we were accosted by a rule-abiding 11-year old who promptly interrogated us as to WHY we were not wearing sweaters. Oh boy.
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week!
- We mailed out half our Christmas cards! This is the first year we’re doing them and I got REALLY excited about it, but when it came time to address the 100+ cards we’re sending out to friends, family and my clients, I lost a bit of steam. So I’m doing them in batches.
- Also, I found use for 3-4 books of Harry Potter stamps I’ve been collecting over the past year! I don’t care if Christmas cards are supposed to have holiday-themed stamps- I wanted to use Hogwarts-themed ones.
- Speaking of Harry Potter stamps, how the heck are you supposed to decide who gets the Voldemort one? Like “hey! Merry Christmas! Here’s a stamp of the most evil wizard ever to walk the literary planet?”
- I saw this quote outside of an Irish pub and I love it: “As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.”
- Matt bought me a new 1 lb bag of coffee from Starbucks last week and I noticed the bag advises “use within one week of opening.” Uh, I’m sorry, but what kind of coffee fanatic do you think I am that I, alone, can consume an entire pound of coffee beans within 7 days? Yeah, no.
How gorgeous are these bridesmaid dresses and wintry bouquets? Ryan & Kathleen’s wedding was such a sweet affair, I can’t wait for y’all to see the entire thing!