Hellooooo! < This is how my dad and I greet each other over the phone. But not in a normal voice- it’s in a “Robin-Williams-dressed-as-an-aged-Irish-woman” kind of voice. An aged Irish woman who’s just smashed a pie into her own face. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, go watch Mrs. Doubtfire.
This weekend was AWESOME! Remember that sweet, sweet love-shoot-turned-proposal I shot in Rhode Island last year? Well, Greg & Sarah got married this past weekend! I’ve been not-so-patiently looking forward to this past Saturday since last June- Greg & Sarah are just the sweetest together, and when she told me their wedding was taking place on a coffee roasting floor I just about lost my composure. Everything came together PERFECTLY on Saturday and I know you guys are going to love their wedding photos too! But we have to wait til Thursday for their post, so enough on that for now :).
As always, lessons learned/things that transpired over the past week:
- My friend Rebekah Instagrammed a photo of a Frosty in a waffle cone last night (I guess they’re new at Wendy’s?), so Matt and I did the only logical thing: we went out at 9:30 pm to try them for ourselves. Folks, I think this might be the mecca of all fast food desserts.
- I wasn’t really sure what to expect from Kansas City- I think I was anticipating old west meets rural Virginia. Whatever I was expecting, I was wrong- Kansas City is SO cool! There were breweries aplenty, amazing architecture, GORGEOUS homes, and at least three Targets on my way from the airport on Friday. I tried to convince Matt we should move but so far, he’s not having it.
- If you’re ever shooting wedding portraits in a public place in May or June, make sure to check the local high school’s prom schedule. We did portraits at Kansas City’s Union Station but weren’t aware that prom would be taking place at that very same spot until the space started filling up with tulle and chiffon in every color imaginable. All I can say is that wedding dress trumps prom dress, so asking people (gently) to move wasn’t a problem.
- Yesterday I learned that if you have hunger pains and can’t cure them until your flight lands for a layover, bubblegum is not the solution. It’ll only make your stomachache worse.
- Whilst I was away for the weekend, Lily decided to eat a patch of the rug we have downstairs in our living room. It’s not a huge patch, and Matt tried to make me feel better by suggesting we do a “carpet combover”- “just brush the surrounding carpet over it and no one will be the wiser.”
One last preview from Greg & Sarah’s wedding before their blog post on Thursday!
^See?! Aren’t you excited now too?
Happy Monday! I just noticed that today is the 60th Monday Mash-Up post- yeeeeah buddy! Going strong for over a year now.